Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Break....What a week!!!


Hey all!!!  Well I am back to the “normal”,  my week of fall break with Kendall was AWESOME and busy!!!

We started off showing pigs @ Hogtoberfest in Tipton.  That was such a fun weekend. Kendall told me that best part was seeing all his friends!!! 



    
  

We spent Monday picking pumpkins!  Kendall was such a trooper, we picked 40 pumpkins for our Jr. Leader meeting on Tuesday.  My little helper also washed all the pumpkins the first time for me!  Kendall and crew painted pumpkins as part of the Jr. Leader meeting!

Another great thing about being home all week was that I had extra help and time in the kitchen.  Kendall loves to learn how to cook!  We were able to have a lot of meals at home this week and what a blessing it was that I got to have extra time with my guys!  Since I love to cook as much as I love to be in the barn it was a great week at the Vansickle’s!  I think our entire family has benefited from our cooking- vegetable soup, lunch for Dave, Chili, Apple pie and one of Dave’s favorite Mexican Chicken!

    

  
   

We even spent a day in Louisville and tried to do a little shopping on the trip home!!!  Kendall , Aunt Debbie and I went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory and the Science Museum for a day.  Kendall had so much fun!!!  I am glad that my little guy loves a good road trip like his mom!  Here are a few pictures of our fun!  The sad part of the day, our shopping trip was not as successful, still no new winter coat for the little guy! L  In the pictures below, I think the little man’s smile says it all!!!

       
   

  
We even had time to have lunch and play time with one of little guy’s friends from Alexandria ( and his old school) !  AND, pick up feed for Uncle Eddy!

I glad this was all he needed; there was not much room left in the Jeep for us!  It was a fabulous week with my guys especially the little guy!  Believe it or not, we did fit some barn time in, but it seems I forgot to take many pictures of that!!!!  Below is the only one that I have of Kendall talking and petting his heifer "Ginger" I am one lucky girl to be blessed with great people in my life!  I think the last picture is a good take on the week ….it wore the little guy out!!!


See you all soon!
Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment